Please note this article is being continually updated as and when we receive more information.
28th August: Local Plan Consultation Open
The Elmbridge Local Plan Consultation opened on Monday 19th August 2019 and closes on 30th September. You have to register on the Elmbridge Borough Council website to be able to respond and complete the questionnaire where you can also view the Council’s background material.
For residents who may not have Internet access, you can call the council on 01372 474 474 and request a paper copy of the consultation questionnaire.
The Cobham Green Belt Group are working hard to support our area. They believe many of the options are unfairly weighted against our area. The Cobham Green Belt group are an umbrella group comprising Stoke D’Abernon, Cobham and Oxshott Residents’ Associations plus Cobham Conservation & Heritage. The group are busy reviewing and analysing the information published and will be making available some suggested responses and arguments that you may want to consider. These take time to produce and we want to get this right for our area – so please bear with us while they conduct this important work.
We believe that 4 out of the 5 options (options 1,2,3,5) proposed will have a very negative impact on our area with large amounts of Green Belt being proposed for development in Stoke d’Abernon. Accordingly we believe that Option 4 which limits the development to Urban brownfield sites and also proposes a lower number of houses is the least damaging option.
Elmbridge Borough Council Public Meetings
The free EBC’s public meeting on the 2nd September 2019 for Cobham, Oxshott, Downside and Stoke D’Abernon is ‘Sold Out’ but we are pressing the council to provide an additional one for Cobham, Oxshott, Downside and Stoke D’Abernon. You can register to attend one of the other meetings even though their focus will be on a different area of Elmbridge. The dates of the meetings currently announced are:-
- Tuesday 27 August 2019 – Weybridge
- Wednesday 28 August 2019 – Walton-on-Thames and Hersham
- Thursday 29 August 2019 – Molesey
- Monday 2 September 2019 – Cobham, Oxshott and Stoke D’Abernon. SOLD OUT!
- Tuesday 3 September 2019 – The Dittons and Hinchley Wood
- Thursday 5 September 2019 – Esher and Claygate
You can only attend one of the meetings and you must have a ticket. To obtain your ticket you must register online via the following link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/local-plan-public-meetings-tickets-65086737183.
All these meetings will be webcast live so you will be able to attend ‘virtually’ via the following link: http://elmbridge.public-i.tv/core/portal/home
Cobham Green Belt Group Public Meeting
The Cobham Green Belt Group will be having a public meeting in mid-September (venue and date to be confirmed soon) to give residents an opportunity to ask questions about the process and hopefully get answers. We will be inviting our councillors to join us at that meeting.
Over the next couple of weeks, we will share more information with our local residents and provide guidance on completing the online questionnaire. Look out for our banners, leaflets and posters. To be kept informed, please sign up for the free newsletter on www.cobhamgreenbelt.org.uk website, and do share with your friends and neighbours.
A reminder of the important takeaways:
- Register in order to view the Council’s background material at http://consult.elmbridge.gov.uk/consult.ti/system/register
- Sign-Up for news and updates from Cobham Green Belt https://www.cobhamgreenbelt.org.uk/
- Add Monday 2nd September to your diary to watch the public meeting for Cobham, Oxshott and Downside meeting https://elmbridge.public-i.tv/core/portal/home
- Keep checking back here on the Stoke D’Abernon Residents Association website for further updates